Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
FREE College Financial Planning Workshop- Colonial Heights
Saturday, April 13, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM (EDT)
Colonial Heights, VA
This FREE College Financial Planning Workshop is the first step in trying to figure out how to pay for college. The workshop is open to anyone with college-bound kids, but is of particular interest to families with high school seniors, juniors, and sophomores.
We will discuss the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA form) and all of the necessary information you need in order to understand how to maximize the amount of financial aid you are eligible to receive.
Information offered in the workshop:
- Where the money comes from- Saves you time in your efforts!
- How to pick colleges that offer the best financial aid packages - Saves you Money!
- How to send your child to an expensive private university for less than a state school - More Options for Your Student!
- Which assets are taken into consideration when the U.S. Department of Education calculates your Family Contribution - Tip the scale in your favor!
- How to pay for college without relying on 529 plans, expensive private student loans or raiding your retirement accounts.
- How to get ahead by developing a customized plan to meet all the college costs you will incur as a family - Preparation is critical!
- How to lower you "out-of-pocket costs and get the maximum amount of money from each school - Provides peace of mind!
The following workshops are brought to you by College Solutions and the Colonial Heights Recreation Department. All workshops are open to residents & non-residents.
When & Where
Joe Rapp of College Solutions assists families in financial preparation for college since 2000. Since 2006 he has partnered with the College Planning Network to provide academic preparation for students in the areas of SAT preparation, essay reviews and utilizing admissions counselors to make sure the college of choice is the "right fit".